A perfect picnic or packed lunch snack
Prep time: 10 minsCook time: 40 mins
- 6 large eggs
- 4 cups walnut flour
- 500g pork mince
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 large onion
- 3 cloves garlic
|Amount per 1 scotch egg|
|Calories 293||Calories from Fat 204|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 23g||32%|
|Saturated Fat 3g||14%|
|Total Carbohydrate 7g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 3g|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie intake.
- Hard boil 4 of the eggs for about 12 minutes or less if you want runny yolk. Remove the shell and let sit for 5 minutes until cool.
- Finely chop up the onion and garlic. Split the pork mince into 4 parts. Mix in the onion, garlic and salt.
- Wrap the pork mince around the egg until fully covered.
- Crack 2 eggs into a bowl and mix until you have no more clear bits. In another bowl, add the walnut flour. Dip each of the balls into the egg one by one and then into the walnut flour to cover them.
- Place in the oven for 40-50 minutes on 220 degrees.